Thursday, August 9, 2012

Are We There Yet???

(First off…let me apologize that I have not updated my blog. We only have internet at school right now, and when I am at school I am preoccupied with my job – imagine that! We were supposed to have internet about a week ago, but timelines mean different things here. Once I have internet at the house I will be ready to SKYPE!!!! SO as a way to make amends I have several posts for your reading delight. ENJOY!)

After a wonderful send off from my dear friends, I boarded the plane in Atl with two large (and heavy) carry-ons. I arrived in Miami late Saturday night and felt like I was already out of the US! After only getting a measly three hours of sleep at the Doubletree it was time to board the second flight to Port of Spain.  That morning I met up with Terri (a fellow teacher – teaching first grade). We got to “Spain” and went through customs like pros. However, we didn’t know that we had to get our luggage out of customs. We were told at our original check-ins that our luggage would go all the way to Suriname. Well…they lied.  We had to nervously wait for an American Airlines employee to show up so we could get our luggage. We needed them to show up before our flight began boarding. It was a nail biter. We waited for hours. I didn’t think the employee was going to show! But God provided the employee to arrive before we departed…and I am pretty sure I hugged a few people because I was so happy. J
Once we got to our gate, we met up with Jennifer (teaching 3/4/5 various subjects). We ate “dinner” (picture included) and had a few laughs. By 9:30pm we were boarding for Suriname. We landed shortly after and had to go through customs…again. This was short and sweet…besides having to wait in line. After a looooooooong and emotional traveling adventure it was nice to see the sweet faces of Stephanie and Carmen. We trekked the 45 minute ride back to our houses and called it a night. My bed never felt so WONDERFUL!

"Dinner"

They were hungry and excited about food!


Here we be!
The money Dixie gave me...what am I gonna buy?
Right outside of the airport at Trinidad and Tobago.



What I purchased with Dixie's money...notice I am wearing long sleeves and a scarf (not pictured rainboots)...I was HOT!And getting some strange looks, but it also could be because I am white.

No comments:

Post a Comment