Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Faculty… I mean Family

Leaving my Hasty family was probably one of the hardest parts of leaving the States. They are an incredible crew of people who I miss daily. (And any of y’all reading this that want to send me teaching tips will be cherished even more – if possible!) HOWEVER, God is good. I have a staff that is taking care of me as if I was one of their own.  Listen to this! A high school teacher here, Mr. Gee, has a son that I graduated college with.  Mr. Gee and his wife have a house in the Jackson area.  It is small world, y’all! Each person has been equipped to help us newbies in different ways. They pick up slack when they see someone needs it. Service over self. They truly care about the whole person.  It was hard to not fall in love with all of them instantly!

And….we even have a running club! Now…I am still trying to learn streets and how to ride a bike so running club was an adventure. But to counteract all this fried food that is served me, I am forcing myself to run twice a week at 5:30 in the jungle climate. J We put this GA humidity to SHAME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment