Saturday, August 18, 2012

Church

Sunday services look different here! There are two English speaking churches that the teachers mainly go to. So part of the newbies were taken to the outside church. A group of maybe 20 people meet in a garage at someone’s house, pull songs from YouTube, and someone shares from the Word.  We were welcomed (and obviously stood out that we were visitors) from the moment we walked up.  They played songs from the Maranatha Singers- takes me back to my childhood! It was a very humbling experience to take away all the production that sometimes our American churches can get caught up in.  It made me realize (and have a grateful heart) that while God has called me here, He is along with me with this journey – every step.  We also did communion which was a treasured experience.

Last week we attended Berea - the indoor, Dutch speaking church. We wore headsets and had the announcements and preaching translated into English. Apparently it was a guest preacher and so we were encouraged to try it again.  Everyone was so nice.  It was a larger congregation and we were asked to introduce ourselves.  We had to do it...we stick out! What impresses me about these churches is how long the greeting time is...you really could talk to everyone at the service!

I haven't decided yet where I will be attending, but as soon as the Lord shows me I will pass along this information.  Be blessed, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment