Sunday, September 22, 2013

"I See Skies of Blue and Clouds of White"

Hello Ev'rybody! The title of the blog is a tribute to the wanna-be-summer weather we have been experiencing in Lima lately. Don't get me wrong, I miss fall.  I miss the colors, smells, and temperatures.  Well sorta. I am getting excited about not freezing as much so the idea of summer does sound pretty nice.  Lima is kind of in a spring-like season.

This past week one of my sweet students, Jakob, was abruptly withdrawn.  Jakob's brother, Silas, was born about a month premature and the doctor's discovered some intestinal problems.  So the family headed home to the States to seek medical answers and treatment. We all hope this is not a permanent move, but Jakob and his family could be gone until next semester or not return at all.  Please join me in praying for his family, especially Baby Silas.  Jakob and his younger brother, Derek, will be enrolling in a school in Texas. Pray they can transition well...for however long their stay is.  We miss Jakob already!  He loved school and you could tell.  He could tell me more information about animals than I thought possible.  He always loved to share things about Scripture, too! Love and miss him!

Another adventure I had this past week was getting my eyebrows threaded!  It was super painful and hard to explain in Spanish what my request was. If you know me, I have gone through many stages of brow looks - unibrow, too-thin brow, arch issues/over plucking brow - and now I am mildly happy with my brows.  All in all, it was a good experience and only 20soles for brow and lip - about $7!  Win for the pocketbook! And now I have a new place I can go to in the city!

This coming up week we have Spiritual Emphasis Week at school. A team from the US has come  to serve by sharing Bible stories, crafts, and games. They even brought teacher treats. The word on the street is they are ready to spoil us!  Please pray for the team as they minister and enjoy Lima. They will be kept very busy and you know Satan loves to complicate lives/hearts when glorifying God is at hand.  Also, pray for the kids as they hear the Truth in many different capacities.  I pray conversations between small groups or teachers/students will only spur the students on to know Him in a personal way.

A joy-spot for this week: My roommate, Jess, made real apple cider. Talk about hitting fall on the head. We enjoyed roommate bonding and fellowship. I really do feel so blessed to do life with these ladies. From sweet hugs (Gabbi) to New Girl/Jake Johnson marathons and TONS of quality time (Missy) to enjoying/discovering our new city together (Katelyn), and to teaching me all the ins and outs of the market (Jess) I love them all. They all bring so many different things out of me.

More joy-spots! My good friend, Sarah, got engaged!!! WOOHOOOOOO!!! And friends, Kristin and Van are adopting a baby girl!  YAY!!!!!!!!  I get so upset when I feel thousands of miles away from all the excitement in everyone's lives.  I feel guilty of getting caught up and settled in my world that I have hard time releasing the tight grip I have to my Stateside life.  I am figuring out balance.....slooowwwwlllyyyy.  I have realized, though, that I am happy to be any part of your lives as God as ordained it even though I wish it were more.  I feel like I should break out into Michael W. Smith's song "Friends," but I shan't. :)  You're welcome.

After praise and worship tonight, you KNOW I am going to be sprintin' home to watch the Emmy's - the red carpet at least!

Go strong this week knowing YOU have a purpose! :)

Love love,
Megan :)

1 comment:

  1. Love you friend. So blessed to see your obedience to God's calling where ever He may choose for you to go!

    ReplyDelete